We at NUST look forward to hosting international students and faculty for exchange semesters at our H-12, Islamabad campus. Please take a look at the information below if you are an international student/faculty interested in coming to NUST for an exchange opportunity.
|General & Contact Information|
|Office Name||NUST International Office|
|Campus||Sector H-12, Main Campus|
|Tel: +92-51-9085-1441 / Fax: +92-51-9085-1432.
Email 1 : email@example.com
Email 2 : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Office Address||NUST International Office, 2nd Floor, Central Library Building, National University of Sciences and Technology, Sector H-12, Islamabad|
|The academic year consists of two normal semesters and a special summer semester.
· 2023 Spring Semester: 30th Jan– 2nd June
· Summer Semester: June-Aug (8-9 weeks)
· 2023 Fall Semester: 11th Sep – 13 Jan (tentatively)
|Medium of Instruction||All the courses at NUST are taught in English|
|Home University’s Nomination Procedure||Applicants must be officially nominated by home university’s International Office.|
|Nomination Deadlines||· Spring semester 2023: 22nd October 2022
· Fall Semester 2023: 13th March 2023 (tentatively)
|· Officially nominated/recommended by home institution
· Completion of at least one year of study at home University (For UG Students)
· Completion of at least 1st semester (For Post Graduate students)
· Have good academic standing and good English proficiency
· Be able to pay for NUST hostel fee, messing and other expenses
|Application Deadlines||Spring semester 2023: 30th of October, 2022|
Supporting Documents Required
|· Application form
· Transcript of last completed semesters
· Copy of Passport
· English Proficiency Certificate issued by home institute (no requirement of 3rd party certificate i.e. IELTS, PTE)
· Health Insurance is mandatory
|· Students can enroll for any single course up to a maximum of 6 courses (offered at H-12 Campus only)
· Students can shortlist courses they wish to study at NUST and communicate NUST of their preferences at the application stage.
· The course catalog is the official listing of courses offered at a particular NUST School. Students can browse the course listings by visiting the relevant schools web link provided below.
NUST Credit System
|Transfer of credit is entirely up to the home university. NUST will provide academic transcript to facilitate the process.
· 1 Credit for theory = 1 hours of classroom study/ week
· 2 Credit for theory = 2 hours of classroom study/ week
· 1 Credit for Lab = 3 hours of lab, practical work/ week
· 4(3+1) = total of 4 credit hours, 3 hours for class work and 3 hours for lab
|NUST Schools at H-12 Campus|
|1. Atta-ur-Rahman School of Applied Biosciences (ASAB) https://asab.nust.edu.pk/
2. NUST Business School (NBS) https://nbs.nust.edu.pk/
3. NUST Institute of Peace & Conflict Studies (NIPCONS) https://nipcons.nust.edu.pk/
4. School of Interdisciplinary Engineering & Sciences (SINES) https://sines.nust.edu.pk/
5. School of Art, Design & Architecture (SADA) https://sada.nust.edu.pk/
6. School of Chemical & Materials Engineering (SCME) https://scme.nust.edu.pk/
7. School of Civil & Environmental Engineering (SCEE) https://scee.nust.edu.pk/
8. School of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (SEECS) https://seecs.nust.edu.pk/
9. School of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering (SMME) https://smme.nust.edu.pk/
10. School of Natural Sciences (SNS) https://sns.nust.edu.pk/
11. School of Social Sciences & Humanities (S³H) https://s3h.nust.edu.pk/
12. US-Pakistan Center for Advanced Studies in Energy (USPCAS-E) https://uspcase.nust.edu.pk/
|Provisions of Exchange/ Fee/ Cost of Living|
|Tuition Fee||· Students from Partner University are entitled to tuition fee waiver as agreed in the partnership agreement.
· Students from Non-partner University or Independent Student will be charged fee/ course selected
|· Students will have to support themselves for all other expenses i.e. Accommodation, Food, Airfare, Visa Fee, Medical Insurance etc.|
On Campus Accommodation
|NUST offers guaranteed on-campus accommodation with different types of student hostel rooms and the rent can range between USD 45 to USD 75 (meals cost not included) depending on single or double or triple occupancy availability.
For further information on accommodation, please refer to: https://campuslife.nust.edu.pk/facility-and-amenity/housing-and-dining/
|Meals||Approx. USD 50 per month|
Visa Related Information:
The admission offer of the NUST exchange program does not come with student visa. It is mandatory for the selected student to apply for Pakistani visa at the Pakistan’s Embassy in home country to enter and study in Pakistan.
|Documents for Visa||· Valid Passport
· Admission Letter to be issued by NUST
· No objection certificate (NOC) issued by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (Students can get the guidance regarding this from NUST International Office)
· Any other supporting documents required by the Embassy of Pakistan in student’s home country
|Note: Failure to adhere to the visa application procedure may result in delay in admission at NUST or in worst case cancellation of exchange admission.
Processing time for visa takes about 6-8 weeks.
|Post Arrival Information|
|Orientation Date||30th January 2023|
Expected Arrival Date
|It is recommended for students to arrive at NUST a week ahead of the orientation date.
Note: If a student does not manage to arrive in Pakistan till 23rd January 2023, his/her exchange program will automatically be cancelled.
|NUST offers an array of sports and other recreational facilities to its students, faculty, and staff. Sports infrastructure includes athletic tracks; cricket, hockey, and football grounds; various indoor sports facilities; gymnasia, etc. NUST has also recently established Pakistan’s first university-based Horse- Riding Club and a one-of-a-kind Sports Complex, which includes swimming, archery, basketball, badminton, tennis, bowling, and other sports. Other such facilities available at the main Campus are: Student clubs and societies, Cafeterias, Grocery store, Barber Shop, Stationary Shop etc.
More details are available at: https://campuslife.nust.edu.pk/